Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Refugees










So we've been staying down at La Residencia de Geoyce now for days, and although we've been treated like the royal guests I'm sure we appear to be...the basement is taking on a sort of refugee camp feel. Don't get me wrong. It's very comfortable. The night brings on this chill only a room below ground level can provide...and it's actually very nice, but four people to one room over an expanse of time seems to bring the same vibe no matter where in the world it happens.

The house is coming along...Little Lamb has just about made it look as destroyed as possible. No more popcorn. Dust and wall crumbs everywhere. Things wrapped in corners. I pay a nightly visit to make my list of the small things I need to make sure Little Lamb is mindful of. Tonight, though...I paint!

My first target is the Parent's room. Today during lunch I'm grabbing some primer and a gallon of PEPPER SPICE 250F-6. Their room once had wallpaper on it, which gave it a sort of drug rehab dorm room look. I want to make their room look like a place grown-ups are. Class it up with a dash of Pepper Spice.

I'm not sure if Joyce and George are sick of us yet. Baby Tyler has not yet popped onto the scene...which is a damn shame. Little stinker. One real joy is chumming around with Booty.

This is the look this beast has every moment of the day. This still photo is about as active as he gets as well...just constantly giving you "the eye." And have I mentioned his snoring? When Booty falls asleep it sounds like a car with a transmission problem. And you can hear it everywhere in the house...even the basement. Ultimately, the wee hours become a symphony of Booty, Charlie and Chase...and I'm sure myself...all sounding like angry chainsaws about to cut down the neighborhood. Good dog, Booty.

No comments: