Thursday, September 4, 2008

BITTER PINEAPPLE

So we are back from Hawaii. Exit Funtopia. Enter...sigh...wherever. I feel a bit like Woody Allen in Annie Hall in that scene where he's failing horribly at recreating a "spontaneous moment" involving runaway lobsters...Yesterday I actually made my wife go out and buy me a pineapple at Pavillions. All they had was a Del Monte Pineapple. And it is bitter.

Dare I even attempt a homemade Mai Tai?

I'm sitting here in my office, lips puckered and determined to finish my zip lock bag of punishment for trying to keep the Aloha alive within. I should just accept the fact that I'm not in Hawaii any longer.

But on the bright side today was Charlie Dodge's first day of the third grade. New shoes. New lunchbox. New teacher. Charlie was very upbeat this morning, humming while brushing her teeth, and constantly worried that her parents were going to make her late for her first day. By the way, Charlie actually lost a tooth while in the air traveling back home from Oahu...how many kids can put that on their resume?

Chase was able to sleep in late this morning. She begins year two of preschool next week. This year Chase moves on to the "older classroom." I'm not exactly sure what that means but if it is anything like the mob, she will now be receiving "tributes" from the younger class members.

So now Fall is officially upon us. Do they call it "Fall" because that's what happens to your cheerfulness after a summer vacation (And the studio audience goes "AWWWWWW.")

So now I must return back to this so called "pineapple."

Mahalo.

No comments: