Wednesday, August 18, 2010

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN...

So we are churning our way to Alaska via the Carnival Spirit. I had super low expectations about this whole thing. I've never been on a cruise before and just expected it to be a mass of old people stuffed in every other corner of the ship stuffing their maws with food. And guess what? It is. However, I am having a blast. There is an energy on the boat that I like. I like our balcony view of the open ocean. I like the rocking back and forth at night while sleeping. I like seeing my girls in a bunk bed. So far the food and booze hasn't blown me away...which most people I spoke to before just glowed about the food...not sure what that was about. The booze is present and I am making sure to enjoy it, but it comes at a premium...as it always does.

I didn't expect so much salemanship on board during the cruise. No, not sailsmanship, but salesmanship. Everwhere I turn there is someone selling wine, ("Wine for the price of Water!) cigarrettes at duty free prices, jewelry, even photos of Alaska for $1.99. The boat is a floating swapmeet.

The girls are just beginning to rev up with the activities. Charlie is super gung ho. Chase is reserving her opinion until later. Although yesterday they had a blast going down the water slide about three billion times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76rmXyl-VP8

BTW, Chase was just listening to WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW and thought that the "Sha na na na" part was signing, "Shu-hu-hut-Up Shu-hu-hut-Up!" Awesome.

1 comment:

g&p said...

Thought for a minute that one of the Blues Brothers was recording the cruise departure.