Thursday, April 16, 2009

Washington D.C.

My fellow Americans, this will be short.   I need to rush off to bed because tomorrow I've gotta get up before dawn to go over to the... I'll just explain tomorrow...

But superquick...

Tiffany has fallen under the sword of the head cold, and is fighting a noble and valiant battle.  Early today, though, she did have to retreat from the Capitol Building tour back to the hotel.  But take heart, I think her Snottysburg Address that was made later in the afternoon was most stirring...and she should prevail victorious by at least tomorrow afternoon. 

While at the Supreme Court giftshop, Chasie insisted on buying a little pewter gavel.  I asked her why she liked it and what it was for.  She said it's what the judges use to hit stuff with when they're angry.  Awwwwwwwww.  All evening she's been banging it on tables and yelling "Order!  Order!  Order to go!"  That may very well be the next step in this great experiment we call democracy:  due process and faster take out all in one amendment.

We visited Tiffany's friend Helen's new home just a few miles away from the capitol.  I'm in love with it.  I want to elope with the house.  It's the exact house you see in your head when you think "happy childhood."  (and the basement looks exactly like the one in That 70's Show!)  

Finally, I don't think the videos that I've been making can be seen through the posting on facebook...so if you haven't gone over to my blog directly then you wouldn't know they were there... I think... anyway, I've also pasted my latest video on youtube.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40EzLS5t7TI

Good night.

1 comment:

george&peggy said...

Whew!!

At least the girls seem to be holding up. It sometimes reads like a vacation that the Griswold's might have taken in a Harvard Lampoon movie.